On this Yarra Valley Wine Tour, travel through some of the most beautiful forest in Victoria. Take a break in the heart of the Dandenong Ranges to enjoy Devonshire Tea and the chance to hand-feed some of our native birdlife. The fun has just started as you board Puffing Billy for a ride on this century-old steam train. Visit Rochford Wines for tastings and later, visits to another two leading wineries will top-off your day.
Yarra Valley Wine Tour and Puffing Billy Steam Train Tour highlights:
- View the picturesque mountain villages dotted along the way as you drive through Ferntree Gully to the Dandenong Ranges
- At Grants on Sherbrooke enjoy a delicious homemade Devonshire Tea – warm scones with jam and cream, and tea or coffee. Plus, there’s crackers with Vegemite for those brave enough to try!
- You can hand-feed kookaburras, rosellas, cockatoos and galahs (seed provided)
- Ride the Puffing Billy Steam Train for a memorable 30-minute journey on Australia’s most notable narrow-gauge railway
- Journey into the prosperous heart of picturesque wine country, the Yarra Valley, and visit Rochford Wines to taste some of their award-winning wines
- You’ll have the opportunity to relax over lunch and a glass of one of their superb regional wines (own expense)
- Tantalize your taste buds at two more wineries, where you can sample and buy a selection of quality local wines
More Tours by AAT Kings
- Travel through probably the most wonderful timberland in Victoria. Enjoy a reprieve in the core of the Dandenong Ranges to appreciate Devonshire Tea and the opportunity to hand-feed a portion of our local birdlife. The fun has quite recently begun as you board Puffing Billy for a ride on this exceptionally old steam train. Visit Rochford Wines for tastings and later, visits to another two driving wineries will finish off your day.