Spend a day enjoying the picturesque Victor Harbor and the world-renowned wine area McLaren Vale. This professionally led, immersive tour will take you on a tour to explore the Fleurieu peninsula’s ecology, biodiversity and local produce. The great mix offers a dash of excitement, a taste of indulgence and a smattering of history that will leave you with a positive experience of South Australia.
Absorb the breathtaking landscape of the Fleurieu Peninsula
Ease into the excitement of your day on a spectacular scenic drive to the south coast. Travel through the city, along the coastline and into this magnificent region’s countryside. Soon, you’ll realise why they claim this region provides some of the state’s finest cuisine, wine and wildlife. Stop off for a morning coffee break in one of the charming seaside towns along the way.
Explore Victor Harbor’s Granite Island
On landing at Victor Harbor revitalise to the famous Granite Island for a walk down the popular causeway. Be shocked by the local area’s spectacular ocean views and wildlife. Sit in for a tasty picnic lunch from a sustainable local caterer.
Spot the charismatic marine wildlife of Encounter Bay
Join your captain on Seal Island for an exhilarating 45 minute ocean ride. When you cruise along observe the beautiful cliffs of Waitpinga and watch out for a number of seabirds including petrels, shearwaters and cormorants. With a little luck, the nearby friendly dolphins can also show up to say hello! Looping through Seal Island you can see Australian Sea Lions and Long-Nosed Fur Seals basking in the heat or frolicking in the surf-these cheeky animals would certainly make your day.
Experience the sensory delights of d’Arenberg Winery
After a quick drive through the wine area of McLaren Vale you arrive at d’Arenberg Winery with time to explore the iconic cube. Each of the five stages, including features such as a wine sensory space, immersive fermenter and several other tactile experiences in the Alternate Realities Museum, have been specifically crafted to entice and excite the senses. Finish your trip with a degustation of their excellent biodynamic wines.
Delight your senses on the Biodynamic Talk and Taste tour
Arrive at Gemtree Winery, eco-friendly, and head to the cellar door to continue your radical wine tasting. Along the way learn about the biodynamic practises and philosophy behind this family owned property. Finish the afternoon with a Vintner’s Platter and a bottle of area wine from Gemtree while admiring the vineyard’s impressive view.
More Tours By pureSA
- Explore one of South Australia’s most iconic regions with an experienced and passionate local guide.
- Enjoy a coastal and scenic drive to the seaside town of Victor Harbor.
- Stroll along the historic causeway to Granite Island.
- Revitalise with a picnic lunch while enjoying the beauty of the ocean.
- Meet your captain for an exciting boat cruise around Seal Island. Spot marine life such as Long Nosed Fur seals, Australian Sea Lions, seabirds and maybe even dolphins!
- Discover d’Arenberg’s sensational wines and the out of this world cube at the Alternate Realities Museum.
- Visit the biodynamic Gemtree Winery at McLaren Vale. Enjoy a tour of the property and progressive wine tasting before relaxing over a local produce platter and sprawling vineyard views.