The early rise is well worth it as you experience the two major landmarks in Uluru–Kata Tjuta National Park. Start with an amazing sunrise at Talinguru Nyakunytaku, the Uluru (Ayers Rock) sunrise viewing area. Afterwards, on the 45 kms drive to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) your Driver Guide will provide you with an historical overview of the National Park. The walk through the sheer walls of Walpa Gorge won’t disappoint as you’re led into a world of rare plant species and lush evergreen scrubs.
Uluru Sunrise & Kata Tjuta Itinerary:
- Travel to Talinguru Nyakunytjaku – In Uluru & Kata Tjuta National Park.
- Uluru Sunrise – Watch the first rays of the sun set the Red Centre alight while enjoying a warming cup of tea or coffee.
- Kata Tjuta – Travel to the mystical 36 domes of Kata Tjuta. On the way, enjoy panoramic views of the southern side of Kata Tjuta, before arriving at the base of Walpa Gorge.
- Walpa Gorge – Spend some time exploring the gorge and the unusual conglomerate rock formations. The walking trail through Walpa Gorge follows the natural creek between two of the tallest domes of Kata Tjuta.
More Tours by AAT Kings
- Tea, coffee, biscuits & snacks
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive commentary
- Super comfortable luxury vehicle including: free wifi, in seat USB
- Hotel pickup and drop off from selected hotels
- Food and drink unless specified
- Travel Insurance