In the intimacy of a small group, join your Driver Guide on a 10½ kms walk around the entire base of Uluru. Before you commence your journey of discovery, enjoy a light breakfast as you begin to absorb the enormity and beauty of your surroundings. Uluru Guided Walk, visit sacred sites, view Aboriginal rock art, and the vision of a waterfall in a desert setting is really something to see, especially after rain when the water flows from the side of Uluru and plunges into Kantju Gorge.
Uluru Morning Guided Base Walk Itinerary:
- Rise early to travel to the base of Uluru – Here you will receive your breakfast, accompanied by your guide, commence your base walk of Uluru as sunrise approaches.
- First walk from Kuniya Piti – An Uluru sacred site and hear the Tjukurpa (Anangu – the local Aboriginal people – beliefs and law) story of the Mala Men. Next is the Mala Walk, one of the most important habitation areas for the local Aboriginal people over thousands of years.
- Kantju Gorge – The Mala walk includes a visit into Kantju Gorge, where after rainfall, water can cascade over the side of Uluru and plunge some 90 metres. From here, you are then on to the base of the climb point.
- Mutitjulu Waterhole – After a short rest break, continue on along the Lungkata Walk where your guide will tell you the Tjukurpa story of the cheeky Blue Tongue Lizard! Next stop is the Mutitjulu Waterhole. Your guide will indicate the natural features of the landscape, Aboriginal rock paintings and relay more traditional stories relating to this special place. The waterhole was once an important water source for the Anangu people.
- Kuniya Piti – Your last section to complete your base walk is back to Kuniya Piti where you will board your coach back into town and receive a certificate of your achievement!
Please note – All belongings must be carried for the whole duration of the 12km walk, please ensure you bring only what you are capable of carrying.
More Tours by AAT Kings
- Light Breakfast
- Tea, coffee or hot chocolate & biscuits
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive commentary
- Super comfortable luxury vehicle including: free wifi, in seat USB
- Hotel pickup and drop off from selected hotels
- Food and drink unless specified
- Travel Insurance