- Departs Hobart Travel and Information Centre – 8:30 AM (Corner of Davey and Elizabeth St)
- Scenic drive to the stunning Tasman Peninsula, via the seaside towns of Dunalley & Eagle Hawk Neck, learning the harsh convict history from this natural prison.
- Enjoy morning tea with hot coffee or tea, fruit and trail snacks, while overlooking the map for the days walk.
- The hike to Cape Raoul is a 14KM return trail. The trail work is some of the best in the Tassie. The first viewpoint overlooks the cape and the famous Shipstern Bluff big-wave surf spot.
- Cape Raoul is the missing cape of the newly opened Three Capes Track, jutting out into the Tasman Sea, the track concludes on the cliff’s edge, high above the ocean.
- Enjoy panoramic views to Cape Pillar, Tasman Island and Bruny Island, even kunanyi/Mt. Wellington.
- Enjoy a mixture of wet forest and coastal forest ecosystems.
- Enjoy a nice picnic lunch along the track before returning via the same trail.
- Arrive back to Hobart approx. 5:30pm – We can drop you off to your accommodation in the city region.
More Tours by See Tasmania Travel and Tours
- Stand 250m above the ocean high up on Cape Raoul. The 14km return trail takes in some of Australia’s best coastal scenery. View one of the worlds best surf spots: Shipstern Bluff and view beyond to Bruny Island, Tasman Island and Mt. Wellington. Enjoy a picnic out on the trail and morning tea by the water before the walk. One of Tasmania’s 60 great short walks.