Stradbroke Island Trip is your heaven slot. Queensland’s best known island is North Stradbroke Island, but it is just off the sea of Brisbane. “Straddie” the second largest sand island on earth (almost 40 km wide and year round), is surrounded by crystal blue seas where you can swim comfortably all year wide and is home to rocky coastlines, woodland and vast numbers of kangaros and koalas. Brisbane and Australia was a rare and unforgettable journey.
The seas of North Stradbroke include a huge dolphin, manta rays and turtle school–all visible from the Headland–point of view. One of the benefits is that Point Lookout is known as the perfect point of view for Australia’s breeding Humpback Wale in the winter.
More Tours by Queensland Day Tours
- Return bus and ferry transfers to Stradbroke Island. The cruise across Moreton Bay (about 40 minutes) is a tour in itself!
- Fully guided bus tour of the Island visiting all the main places of interest.
- Walk the Gorge. This fantastic walk around the headland includes some spectacular scenery. Get you cameras ready for the “blow” from Whale Rock or that iconic beach shot.
- Spot the wild life. Stradbroke has large colonies of koala. Kangaroos can often be seen lazing in the sun. In its crystal clear waters, an abundance of marine life that can be easily spotted.
- Visit Point Lookout. A bonus in Winter (May to October) is a great chance to see the Humpback Whale.
- Take in all the popular spots – Cylinder (swimming available), Frenchman’s and Main Beaches, the historical town of Dunwich and the fishing village of Amity.
- Myora Springs – stroll along the boardwalk to see this unique eco-forest of mangroves, rainforest, and crystal clear creek. Popular spot for koalas.
- LUNCH IS PROVIDED. Enjoy lunch with a spectacular view at the Stradbroke Island Beach Hotel.
- Bring your swimming gear – Winter average temp 20°C.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Travel Insurance