Find the pleasures of the Dandenong Ranges. Start off with a conventional Devonshire Tea, trailed by the opportunity to hand-feed the brilliant flying creature life. Next up, you’re in for some enjoyment with a ride on the Puffing Billy Steam Train. At that point get up near Aussie creatures and fowls at Healesville Sanctuary. Meet koalas, kangaroos, echidnas and various local winged animal assortments!
Puffing Billy Steam Train & Healesville Wildlife highlights:
- Travel through the lush ferns and dense forests of the beautiful Dandenong Ranges
- At Grants on Sherbrooke, enjoy a delicious traditional Devonshire Tea of scones served warm with jam and cream, and tea or coffee served in china cups. Plus, there’s crackers with Vegemite for those brave enough to try!
- Hear the call of the local lyrebirds, and see crimson rosellas, cockatoos and kookaburras
- Ride the century-old Puffing Billy Steam Train on the 30-minute ride from Belgrave to Menzies Creek. View the towering Mountain Ash trees and beautiful gullies of Sherbrooke Forest
- Get ready to meet a group of furry friends at Australia’s premier wildlife and nature sanctuary, Healesville, home to mammals and reptiles and over 200 varieties of native birds
- Every Sunday, you can learn about the local Wurundjeri Aboriginal people. Hear of their culture, traditions and stories of the Dreamtime. Listen to the sounds of the didgeridoo and be amazed at their mastery making that Boomerang really fly!
- Lunch is available to purchase at one of three cafés at Healesville Sanctuary
- A volunteer guide will escort you among Australia’s unique birds and animals in a natural bushland setting
- You can experience ‘Kangaroo Country’, the ‘Spirits of the Sky’ show and ‘Tales from Platypus Creek’
More Tours by AAT Kings
- Discover the delights of the Dandenong Ranges. Start off with a traditional Devonshire Tea, followed by the chance to hand-feed the colourful bird life. Next up, you’re in for some fun with a ride on the Puffing Billy Steam Train. Then get up close to Aussie animals and birds at Healesville Sanctuary. Meet koalas, kangaroos, echidnas and numerous native bird varieties!