Thinking of visiting the world-renowned, multi-award winning Port Arthur Historic Site but don’t want to pay the big dollars for a day tour? Would you prefer to experience the site at your own pace without being in group? Well, you have come to the right place! This is Tasmania’s only dedicated shuttle bus service to Port Arthur. Travel in comfort in our air-conditioned vehicles driven by one of our friendly local drivers. Once you reach the historic site, you will have four hours to explore and soak up the incredible history and scenery. The shuttle times allocated run in conjunction with guided walking tours and allow enough time to do the harbour boat cruise to the Isle of the Dead if you choose.
Please note – before you book:
- Admission fees not included.
- This is a scheduled shuttle service. If you are late to your pickup point in either Hobart or Port Arthur the bus cannot wait. There will be no refunds for missed buses.
- Please indicate if you are carrying excess baggage.
- No tickets are sold at any of the stops. You MUST pre purchase your ticket and select a pick up location. There are no sales at any of the stops.
More Tours by Tassie Tours Tasmania
- 8 pick up locations around the city
- Departs Hobart 10:30 and arrives back to Hobart by 5:30
- Arrives Port Arthur at 12pm departs at 4pm.
- If you are pre booking your Port Arthur tour tickets we recommend booking the 12:30 walking tour and the 1:40pm Harbour cruise.
- We stop at the Pirates Bay lookout for a photo opportunity.
- We allow 1h 30mins of travel each way. Most trips depending on the weather and time of the year take 1h 20mins if we have a spare 20 minutes we will stop at the Port Arthur Lavender Farm or Federation Chocolate.