Western Australia is known for producing the largest and finest pearls in the world. This 60-minute Pearl Master Class provides you a behind-the-scenes look at the enigmatic world of pearling. You’ll learn how pearls are grown today and get a riveting account of the rich history of pearling in Broome, Western Australia.
The Pinctada maxima oyster, also known as the world’s largest pearl producer, is the star of the show. Throughout the master class, you will get the opportunity to work with this amazing creature and experience the birth of a pearl as the oyster is opened for the first time right in front of your eyes.
For almost 30 years, Willie Creek Pearls has been providing award-winning tourism experiences. We’re thrilled to show you the intriguing and intricate process of producing a priceless pearl with a price tag that could range from $500 to $5,000 (and beyond)! This trip will also include specimens of rare pearl kinds as well as stunning Australian pearl jewellery.
If you’re looking for things to do in Perth, you’ve come to the right place. The beautiful Willie Creek Pearls Perth store is open seven days a week, and you may pick from three different pearl discovery experiences. The Pearl Master Class can be reserved with 48 hours’ notice on a daily basis. The showroom is located on Elizabeth Quay’s Barrack Street Jetty, directly across from the Bell Tower.
More Tours by Willie Creek Pearls
- $50 jewellery Gift*
- Taste exclusive pearl meat canapés – retails for around $160 a kilo!
- Light refreshments – choice of sparkling wine, tea, coffee, water
- Watch fascinating archival footage of pearl divers in 1949
- See a live pearl harvest
- Learn the virtues to use when valuing a pearl
- Discover the different types of pearls – you will be shown on display in our showroom
- Transport to/from hotel
- Guests are responsible for getting to the event on their own. If you require assistance in locating our showroom, please contact us - 08 9241 6565
- Travel Insurance