Go off-road in a custom-designed 4WD vehicle and reach destinations that are otherwise difficult to access. Through the Central Australian landscape, we’ll take you down the very edge of the Finke River and into the amazing Palm Valley. You’ll see the important sights and visit an Aboriginal community, Hermannsburg, known to the local Arrernte people as ‘Ntaria’.
Palm Valley Outback Safari by 4WD Itinerary:
- Travel by 4WD – Through the West MacDonnell Ranges to Hermannsburg, an Aboriginal community and historic precinct which is renowned for its Aboriginal art collection and the works of Albert Namatjira. Either morning tea is provided in Hermannsburg*.
- Travel down the bed of the Finke River – One of oldest water courses in the world, into Palm Valley.
- See spectacular rock forms, white sands and an oasis of rock pools and palm trees. Some plants such as the cycad and ‘Livistonia Mariae’ (cabbage palm) are known world-wide as relic plants and are unique to Central Australia.
- Visit – A spectacular rock formation known as the Ampitheatre. Enjoy a picnic lunch this afternoon.
- Relax – And enjoy the changing colours of the magnificent West MacDonnell Ranges in the afternoon light.
*Please note Morning tea may be replaced with afternoon tea depending on availability.
More Tours by AAT Kings
- Morning tea with scones, tea/coffee
- Picnic Lunch
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive commentary
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- Pickup and drop-off from selected hotels
- Food and drink unless specified
- Travel Insurance