This tour reflects a perfect means of optimising your day. On this Cleland Wildlife Park Day Trip, you will be trekking to Reach Lofty Summit from the self-guided Waterfall Gully to Climb Lofty Walk. You will be presented with a chart and instructions from your tour guide before heading off. If you have reached the summit and done experiencing the stunning sights through the Adelaide plains you will then take the 2 km walk to Cleland Wildlife Park and spend the remainder of the day interacting with some of the most exotic and interesting animals in Australia!
- Start your morning with a rewarding hike to Mount Lofty Summit and spend a relaxing afternoon at Cleland Wildlife Park.
- Enjoy a scenic drive along Waterfall Gully Road direct to the trailhead with the return drive via the beautiful Cleland Conservation Park route.
- Specifically structured as a self-guided experience that provides plenty of time to explore this natural environment at your own pace.
- Following a trail orientation, a map and information package is provided to highlight the well-marked trails.
- The Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty Summit trail is a rewarding hike set in the Cleland Conservation Park just 20 minutes from Adelaide.
- Witness uninterrupted views across Adelaide and Gulf St. Vincent from Mount Lofty Summit before hiking down the bush trail that leads to Cleland Wildlife Park.
- Entry fees at Cleland are included along with a complimentary bag of animal food. The Koala close-up experience and the hand feeding of kangaroos are definite must do’s!
So many experiences – all in one day
This combination tour provides a perfect choice for the ambitious seeker! Starting from the self-guided Waterfall Gully to Climb Lofty Trek, stroll to the top to admire the panoramic view of the Adelaide Plains and St. Vincent Gulf. Then take the road to Cleland Wildlife Park to spend the rest of the day watching some of the most exotic and adventurous animals in Australia.
Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty Summit Hike
A quick scenic drive from the City brings you straight to Adelaide’s most famous hike trailhead. Arriving about 8.30am, and following your guide’s directions, start off on the well-marked trails at your own speed. Depending on your curiosity continues along the way you plan to arrive at the Summit between 1 and 2 hours. Be awarded with some spectacular views over and above Adelaide!
Cleland Wildlife Park Experience
Only down from the Top is another lovely bush trail that leads to Cleland Wildlife Reserve. On arrival, re-energize at the Cleland Café before visiting the 35 hectare park along the self-discovery paths. Travel around the free ranging wildlife in their natural habitat, avoid feeding the kangaroos and wallabies, be surprised at the colourful wetland birds and make sure to meet the slenderest residents of Australia for the sight of ‘close up’ Koala.
Tip: Pack a picnic in your backpack to enjoy along the way or in the wildlife park at Cleland, or you can buy food from the cafe’s at Mount Lofty Summit or Cleland Wildlife Park.
More Tours By pureSA
- Self-guided hike orientation and trail map
- 10% gift shop voucher
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Admission fees to Cleland Wildlife Park
- Travel Insurance