If you love nature, biodiversity and bush walking then Wildlife Hike to the Morialta Conservation Park in Adelaide is a must! Morialta’s bush-walking trails and local wildlife give an pristine ecosystem suitable for taking out the natural adventurer in you! Be impressed at some of the city centre’s most spectacular natural scenery within 30 minutes. Experience a variety of local flora and fauna set amongst breathtaking rock walls, gorges and natural waterfalls as you navigate the bush tracks with your guide.
- Explore one of Adelaide’s most scenic National Parks with an experienced and passionate local guide.
- This all-inclusive small group tour ensures a personalised and memorable experience. The Morialta trails are perfect for beginners and experienced bushwalkers alike.
- Follow the bush trails to discover the Valley Walk, Kookaburra Rock, Giant’s Cave, Morialta Falls Plateau Hike and Eagles Nest Lookout.
- Hike to all three of the waterfalls along Fourth Creek.
- See many native animals within their natural environment including amazing birdlife and wild koalas among the gum trees.
- Learn about the park’s early history, native plants and animals. Revitalise with morning tea while contemplating the surrounding natural bushland.
- This is a moderate graded hike. It involves some steep inclines and uneven surfaces and an average level of fitness and good mobility is required. The total distance walked is approximately 7 km over 3 hours.
Unique nature based experience
Morialta is a member of the Kaurna people’s ancestral lands and takes its name from the aboriginal term ‘Moriatta’ meaning it still runs! Over the past 100 years, the waterfalls, gorges, and 500 hectares of natural bushland in Morialta has offered a popular escape for locals. This tour offers an engaging and interactive experience that enriches ecological knowledge and the value of caring for it.
Start your morning trip along the Morialta walking trails as the bush wakes from its sleepless night. Discover spectacular cliff formations, gorges and natural waterfalls as you navigate the paths. Witness the sunrise colours bounce on the stunning rocky landscapes and catch nature’s feel when exploring this national reserve’s natural wonders.
Admire native animals in the wild
Morialta is Adelaide’s favourite location to see koalas in the wild! It provides a special ecosystem where you can see tonnes of local fauna like the rare kangaroo or echidna. The creeks, rock pools and the Gorge’s higher slopes provide ideal shelter for many types of frogs and tiny lizards including geckos, skinks, and dragons.
Visit all three waterfalls
One of the Park’s well recognised characteristics is the intermittent waterfalls near Fourth Creek. The largest are Morialta Falls and Second Drop, both cascading down steep quartzite cliffs. Nestled at the end of the hike is the rarely explored yet beautiful Third Falls-be impressed by its calm and natural environment and take the time to listen to the gently cascading falls.
See amazing birdlife and wildflowers
Listen to the music, and see the many native birds including the Excellent Fairy-wren, the unusual Golden Whistler, Rainbow Lorikeet, and the famous Laughing Kookaburra. Use the binoculars given, and be surprised at how many organisms you can discover. The park is rich with native wildflowers growing winter and spring including several fragile and colourful species of orchids.
More Tours By pureSA
- National Park fee
- Professional guide
- Morning snack
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Morialta Conservation Park
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Travel Insurance