On an interactive one-hour Mandurah Dolphin Cruise through Mandurah’s quiet interior waterways, learn about the city’s distinct aquatic life.
Observe joyful wild dolphins feeding, resting, and playing in their natural habitat*. Mandurah is home to Western Australia’s largest resident Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphin population, with over 120 dolphins!
Mandurah is known as one of Australia’s oldest fishing towns, and its rivers provide some of the most sought seafoods, such as the blue swimmer crab (available only from January to August) and Western Rock Lobster (all year round). Watch as your tour leader demonstrates how to catch these famous creatures and get up close and personal with them in the onboard live tank.
- Explore the city’s 20+ kilometres of illustrious canals, framed with luxurious homes and then cruise into the region’s vast wetlands, protected by the United Nations as a natural site of worldwide importance.
- You can look for pelicans, ospreys, black swans, and other aquatic birds with the binoculars.
- Along the route, you’ll pass across heritage-protected landmarks and major cultural places that haven’t changed much over the years.
- From the custom steering wheel in the front of the boat, kids (and kids at heart) assist the Captain in driving.
- Sit back and relax while taking in the surroundings, and if you have your own own cup, serve yourself to complementary tea or coffee.
- Throughout the trip, your professional tour guide and captain will provide live commentary. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have regarding the region’s unique maritime ecosystem.
More Tours by Mandurah Cruises
- Live commentary on board
- Tour escort/host
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Travel Insurance