The River Cruise Koala is the most exciting trip to the oldest Koala Sanctuary in the world on the Brisbane River. You will enjoy a enjoyable and insightful update on your trip through the most scenic scenery, famous landmarks, landmark homes and fascinating wildlife habitats in town.
The following one-way prices include entry into Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Return to the City from this tour is at you own convenience.
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Admission with Brisbane River Cruise – One way cruise itinerary:
- You’ll board the MV Mirimar in Brisbane’s Southbank district, and leave the city behind on a relaxing cruise to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Convenient departure place – right in the heart of Brisbane City
- Enjoy an informative commentary from your captain as you glide along Brisbane’s waterfront, passing from the bustle of the city’s skyscrapers to leafy suburbs with waterside mansions.
- Indulge in homemade morning teas, meals and snacks (own expense) from our on-board cafe.
- Arriving at Lone Pine, you will have 3 hours to explore the world’s largest Koala sanctuary, with more than 130 Koalas on site.
- Hold a koala, take photos with the adorable marsupials (own expense), and perhaps catch a talk by the koala’s keepers.
- Discover the Platypus House where you may get a chance to see the shy platypus, a native to Australia.
- Check out owls, kites and sea eagles soar above you at the popular Flight Raptor show.
- Feed the kangaroos and wallabies; more than 100 of them live in the 5-acre (2 hectare) reserve at Lone Pine.
- Along with koalas and kangaroos, Lone Pine hosts a sheepdog show where you see the hardworking dogs round up a herd of sheep, responding to their master’s whistles, calls and hand signals.
The boat is situated on the boardwalk opposite the Queensland State Library, at the Pontoon Cultural Centre, on the Mirimar II in Brisbane’s Southbank district. Boarding ends at 9.30am and starts at 10.00 am.
Please see our crew on the boat for availability and costs if you change plans and want to cruise back to the city with us.
More Tours by Mirimar Cruises
- One way-trip cruise
- General Admission into Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Travel Insurance