The King River Gorge, Raft and Steam Experience is a collaborative adventure between King River Rafting and the West Coast Wilderness Railway, combining the thrill of white water rafting with a return steam train ride through wilderness and history.
Your rafting experience begins on the King River, surrounded by the mountains of the West Coast Range. From our entry point, we’ll navigate through 7km of the King River Gorge’s exciting rapids, from Newall Creek to Dubbil Barril, passing through a remote rainforest gorge past thousands of ancient Huon Pine trees. It’s an awesome day in the wilderness, mingled with excitement as we pass through some exhilarating raids, including the famous Sailor Jack Rapid.
We’ll catch glimpses of the West Coast Wilderness Railway on our journey. Our journey downriver continues until we meet the train at Dubbil Barril Station. The return steam train ride takes us over a steep ridge using the rack and pinion Abt system to move the train out of the gorge and safely down the other side. Homeward bound the train stops at Rinadeena, a water stop for the train and coffee for us, and again at Lynchford. The last stop is Queenstown, where our tour ends.
This is how Charli from Getaway saw the day.
More Tours by King River Rafting
- Raft the King River Gorge with exciting Class III Rapids
- Get up close to ancient rainforest and rare Huon Pine trees
- Unspoiled environment of the Garfield River
- Portage the exhilarating Sailor Jack rapid
- Ride the West Coast Wilderness Railway’s heritage steam train
- Visit Rinadeena and Lynchford train stations
- Pan for gold at Lynchford