(4.3/5) (4.4/5) (4.5/5)
Katherine Gorge is located within amazing Nitmiluk National Park, which spans more than 292,000 hectares. With rugged landscapes, thundering waterfalls and unlimited flora and fauna, Nitmiluk is a haven for adventurers and nature lovers alike. The name Nitmiluk, meaning ‘Cicada Place’, came from the Jawoyn people who are the traditional custodians of the Park.
Katherine Day Tour from Darwin including Katherine Gorge Cruise Itinerary:
- Stuart Highway – Travel along Australia’s longest highway en route to your destination.
- Adelaide River War Cemetery – Dedicated to the casualties of the Bombing of Darwin
- Nitmiluk National Park – See varied landscapes, waterfalls, and diverse flora and fauna.
- Leliyn (Edith Falls) – Visit here (and take a refreshing swim in the dry season).
- Aboriginal rock art – Throughout Nitmiluk view ancient art that expresses in images the deep spiritual culture of the Park’s custodians.
- Jawoyn people – Learn about the traditional owners of Nitmiluk.
- Lunch – Relax in a shaded outdoor setting.
- Nitmiluk Visitor Centre – You’re free to spend time here to see photographs, memorabilia and traditional Aboriginal artefacts.
- Katherine Gorge – Enjoy a two-hour cruise through the stunning gorge with its 70-metre-high walls.
- Freshwater Crocodiles – Keep your eyes peeled for these, as well as wonderful birdlife and amazing scenery.
More Tours by AAT Kings
- Super comfortable luxury vehicle including: free wifi, in seat USB, air conditioning and W/C
- Professional Local Guide
- Learn all about the spectacular Top End with your expert local guide
- Pickup from selected Darwin hotels. Pick up locations appear in a drop down box at time of booking
- 2 hour Nit Nit Dreaming Katherine Gorge Cruise
- Lunch at Katherine Gorge in a setting overlooking the Katherine River; dietary needs catered for
- Swimming opportunity at Edith Falls (conditions permitting)
- Food and drink unless stated
- Travel Insurance