View the sunrise at Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and a walk with your Guide to the Valley of the Winds. Hear fascinating stories of the geology, history and culture of Kata Tjuta. This incredible formation of rock domes extends six kilometres into the ground and is the remains of erosion that began more than 500 million years ago. The walk to Valley of the Winds takes you down into a timeless haven within the domes through trickling creek beds.
Kata Tjuta Sunrise & Valley of the Winds Itinerary:
- Travel to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) – Where your Driver Guide will explain the geological history of the area. Watch the spectacular sunrise over Kata Tjuta with Uluru in the distance from the western dune viewing area, light breakfast included.
- Valley of the Winds lookout – Your Driver Guide will then escort you on a 2-3 hour walk to the Valley of the Winds lookout. Marvel at the unique flora and admire the view of the central valley of the domes of Kata Tjuta.
- This tour may return to Ayers Rock Resort after midday.
Please note – A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the Valley of the Winds walk as the Walpa Gorge Walk is no longer an alternative option
More Tours by AAT Kings
- Light Breakfast
- Experienced Driver and Guide
- Comprehensive commentary
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop off from selected hotels
- Food and drink unless specified
- Travel Insurance