Whalesong takes you out of the water for some of the first to see them before the Guaranteed Humpback whaling season (from July 18th to mid-October) in Hervey Bay. Whalesong is the only ship providing a quest cruise for pre-season whales. Great for school holidays to keep children amused (dolphins usually love more than whales anyway, ha ha!). We take you out on the beach and in the morning we are searching for the whales so that you can use your afternoon again and again. You have to leave the port, and start the day … no need to waste time looking for (and then eating) lunch after your cruise, because you will be enjoying the fresh buffet lunch on a boat ride back to the Marina.
The protected waters from the world heritage of Fraser Island to mainland, as whales and dolphin watching experts, deliver a bumpy whale or dolphin encounter like no other in Australia. Dolphins love the motion of our bulbous bow and love to be engaged with the visitors on our boat … so close you can almost touch them! Dolphins enjoy sailing.
Enjoy a 5 glorious day hunting the magnificent bumpback whale, on the sunny water of the fresh, ecologically sound MV Whalesong between K’gari (Fraser Island) and Hervey Bay. The boat provides the ultimate in additional spotting and sitting roommates with an enclosed and open-air view on all levels, a water viewing area and extra wide decks. All guests have fantastic views of a range of wildlife or just to sit back and enjoy the walk.
The Humpback Whales don’t use a schedule, but let Whalesong cruises give you the opportunity to meet these magnificent animals in the first few guests of the Fraser Coast. Fauna promised. You can see aquatic species as stinging rays, eagle lights, tortoises, sharks, bird life, and even the endangered Dugong as well as our resident dolphins. Although we also search for the Humpback Whales, Whalesong does not give sightings guaranteed until 18 July 2020.
Beyond the incredible experience of wildlife exploration in their natural habitat, they all (humpback whales, dolphins, dugongs, sharks, turtles and bird life) and some local storeys in K’gari (Fraser Island) and traditional landowner Butchula people will also be explored in real time. In addition, this live commentary can be directly translated into English, German, Italian and Spanish with our multi-lingual team. Above all, the whole team of Whalesong is committed to the excellent customer service. And that’s because M.V. You can rest assured that your interaction with us, at the expense of environment we work in and play in, is environmentally friendly. Walesong has no carbon impact.
Whalesong Cruises is the only half-day boating trip in Hervey Bay to provide meals. There’s no need to think about food.
More Tours by Whalesong Cruises Hervey Bay
- 5-6 hour cruise: departs 8am and returns between 1pm and 2pm
- Local knowledge and expert fauna commentary with an emphasis on whales
- Multilingual crew to give direct translation in French, German, Spanish and Italian - if preferred
- Multi level viewing throughout the entire vessel
- Hydrophone to listen to the whales 'sing'
- Free WiFi onboard
- Low passenger numbers (only carry max. 60% of actual capacity)
- Extra wide decks provide many excellent viewing and comfortable seating options
- Complimentary filtered water, loose leaf tea, herbal tea, coffee and milo available all cruise
- Delicious morning tea AND buffet lunch. Special dietary requirements catered for on request and with reasonable notice.
- Fully licensed and well stocked bar
- Snacks, souvenirs and merchandise available for purchase
- Kids activity sheets
- Wheelchair ramps and accessible toilet
- Courtesy bus pick up in Hervey Bay
- Drinks and snacks (available for purchase on board)
- Souvenirs (available for purchase on board)
- Travel Insurance