On this Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest Tour take a spectacular trip over the Great Barrier Reef for 40 minutes, then visit Kuranda by the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and return on the Kuranda Scenic Railway. You will have free time to explore the hamlet and visit markets, wildlife parks, stores, and food stalls, as well as take a vintage scenic railway ride through the beautiful rainforest, which is classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Our 3-in-1 combo allows you to plan your day. It might be a busy day or a calm day, depending on your preferences.
More Tours by GSL Aviation
- Pickup from your city accommodation or at a designated location in Cairns City Center area around 9:15 AM; or make your own way to GSL Aviation Cairns by 9:30 AM.
- 40 minute Reef Hopper flight departing at 10:00 AM
- Drop off to Skyrail Smithfield Caravonica station to check-in for your Skyrail experience around 11:30 AM; or drive to the Skyrail Station and park your car there if you made your own way
- Skyrail one way experience up to Kuranda, approximately 1.5 hours – Estimated arrival at Kuranda village around 1:00 PM
- Free time up on Kuranda village, possible activities include Butterfly Sanctuary, Koala Gardens, Birds World and etc at own cost.
- Visit the Kuranda market and restaurants
- Return on Kuranda Scenic Rail at 3:30 PM, ride approximately 2.5 hours (optional return on the 2:00 PM train depends on availability)
- Arrive back at Cairns Central Station at 5:30 PM ; or getting off at Freshwater Station 5:00 PM then catch a taxi or uber if you drove your own car and parked at either Skyrail Station or GSL Aviation’s office
- Make your own way back to your accommodation once you have arrived at the Cairns Central train station (*optional return transfer could be organized with Skyrail up on check-in at an extra cost)