This Swan Valley, Wildlife Park, Winery & Fruit Orchard Tour from Perth, delivers the cream of the crop, a tasty Perth experience which allows you to discover the very best of the Swan Valley region including wine, local produce, wildlife.
Swan Valley, Wildlife Park, Winery & Fruit Orchard Tour from Perth itinerary:
- After your city accommodation pick up, drive past the sights of the Swan River, The Bell Tower and the Perth City skyline on your way to the Fruit Orchard.
- Drive into the eastern hills to visit a working Fruit Orchard, situated amidst the undulating valley of the hills where high-quality seasonal fruit is grown around the year by the owner farmer and his family, offering you, our clients – the highest quality of fresh fruit, direct from the fruit orchard, freshly picked daily.
- Taste and take home freshly made jams, gourmet preserves, boxed dried nuts & fruits, locally produced honey, fruit ice-creams, Devonshire Teas and other dried fruit & snacks all made here locally from freshest fruit produce.
- Have some freshly cut fruits for tastings and you may purchase fruit product as a gift or for friends back home.
- Slowly wander through the valley and enjoy the beautiful and natural settings of the valley and the working orchard.
- Explore and be involved in the colourful rich heritage of the Aboriginal culture, arts and wooden crafts, visit the Maalinup Aboriginal Gallery for the insights of the indigenous cultural activities, talks, performances and bush tucker, as well as a gallery full of local Aboriginal art, exquisitely different hand-painted gifts and high-quality Australian made souvenirs.
- Enjoy wine tasting at a local winery of various types of wines that you may purchase to take back home. Immerse yourself in the vineyard experience and enjoy tastings of local wines.
- Enjoy hundreds of delicious chocolate products and chocolate tastings.
- View the spectacular array of produce, and award-winning wines and a huge range of home-made jams, preserves, olive oils sauces, dressings, spice mixes and desserts.
- Enjoy liqueurs and food product tasting while in the Swan Valley.
- Travel to the famous Whiteman Park and enjoy a unique Australian wildlife experience from the moment you arrive at Caversham Wildlife Park.
- Take the opportunity to hand feed native kangaroos, take photos with the koalas, pat the wombat and many other Aussie animals and birds. You will have a chance to see on how the farmers and their dogs muster sheep on Australian farms.
- Try your hand at whip cracking, milking the cow or hand feeding a sheep lamb.
- A visit to Molly’s Farm will give you a taste of farm life with a live sheep shearing demonstration and other interactive farm activities. Meet many brightly coloured parrots, cockatoos, and other Australian birds, poultry and farm animals.
- Visit the gift shop where you may like to purchase local leather products, hats, magnets and a variety of souvenirs.
- After an enjoyable tour of Whiteman Park, you will be dropped back to your accommodation or other location within Perth CBD and Northbridge.
At the fruit orchard, you can view some fruits on trees (depending on the time of year). The orchard consists of hundreds of fruit trees, containing various varieties of local oranges, apples, white and yellow flesh nectarines mandarins, pears, oranges, peaches, plums, cherries and apricots, delicious persimmons, avocados, and mandarins.
These fruits are seasonal and you may find the following reference helpful,
- From June to October Citrus – Oranges and Mandarins available
- Mid-December to early March – White and Yellow Nectarine, White and Yellow peach
- Late November to April – Plums are available
- Early April to late June – Persimmons available
- November to January – Cherries & Apricots
- Late September to February – Avocados are available
Please be informed that all the fruits mentioned are strict subject to availability and climate conditions.
Note: Fruit Picking in the orchard is not permitted as it may damage or spoil the fruits.
More Tours by Aussie Perth Tours
- All Government taxes, any fees and handling charges involved, including GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entrance fees to National Park fees and all venue included. No hidden costs
- Including Food, Wine / Beer tasting, only if it is a part of the tour itinerary
- Live commentary on board by an English speaking Local Experienced Coach Captain / Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (All Perth CBD / Northbridge hotels – at your accommodation doorstep)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach, cloth trim seats with seat belts, clear headroom & clear tour window vehicles
- We are a Small-group tour specialist & offer personalized services to our clients
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Travel Insurance