Internationally acclaimed artist Bruce Munro is noted for his immersive site-specific installations that employ light to evoke emotional response, often in an outdoor context and on a monumental scale. His Field of Light, inspired by a trip to Uluru over 27 years ago, is installed in a remote desert area within sight of majestic Uluru. It is his largest installation to date, with Munro and his team installing more than 50,000 slender stems crowned with radiant frosted glass spheres. It is truly a magical sight to behold.
Field of Light Tour & Uluru Sunrise Itinerary:
- Field of Light exhibition – This morning you will be picked up at your accommodation in a luxury coach to be taken the very short distance to the exclusive Field of Light location. With just enough time for some background commentary on the internationally renowned artist Bruce Monro, you will arrive very excited to see his latest artistic endeavour. Arriving in complete darkness, you will be able to enjoy the 50,000 globes of light in the desert, before making your way up the hill to the Field of Light sunrise viewing platform.
- Light snacks – Once at the platform, the AAT Kings team will be serving you tea, coffee or hot chocolate. You can enjoy your beverage as the sun starts to creep light throughout the sky and then watch in awe as it pops up in the distance behind Uluru, flooding the landscape, including Kata Tjuta behind you, with light. As the natural light brightens the landscape, the Field of Light will dim for the day. Enjoy some amazing photos from this unique raised location that allows you to view both Kata Tjuta and Uluru in all their natural glory.
- Return to the resort – In time for breakfast, all flight transfers or further activities.
More Tours by AAT Kings
- Tea, coffee or hot chocolate at the sunrise viewing area
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- Pickup and drop-off from selected hotels
- Food and drink unless specified
- Travel Insurance