Discover everything that makes Bruny Island amazing with our Sightseeing, Foods and Lighthouse Tour departing Hobart. Includes a delicious lunch and picnic style morning tea with freshly shucked oysters, island cheese and wood-fired oven bread on the beach. Taste local produce such as honey, cider, chocolate and even some of the native plant life. Search for White Wallaby in the wild and join our Iconic Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour, towering high above the wild sea cliff coastlines of South Bruny. Visit the Neck Wildlife Zone and climb the steps to the Truganini Lookout, joining North and South Bruny with 360-degree views. Share this magnificent small island with our entertaining and knowledgeable tour guides.
Your day will start leisurely, from one of our many pick up locations in and around Hobart. You will enjoy a scenic country and coastal drive to Kettering, here you will board the vehicular ferry and enjoy the beautiful scenery as you head towards Bruny Island. Your day begins walking up the Truganini Lookout and Neck Wildlife Zone and visiting Adventure Bay. Along the way, we will pick up oysters and a selection of Bruny Island Cheese and wood-fired oven bread, before heading to one of the pristine beaches to sample the cheese and oysters, picnic-style (if it is raining we have a backup plan). We then take a scenic drive through rainforests to South Bruny National Park for your exclusive Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour. Here, you will be astounded by the spectacular and rugged coastal views, expanses of coastal vegetation and the wildlife including whales, white wallabies, eagles, echidnas and more that call this area their home. Go on a tour of the Iconic Cape Bruny Lighthouse and learn about the history of this lovely building, taking in sea views from the balcony. Learn about the history, heritage, and horrors at sea.
Up next, you will relax at Hotel Bruny for a lunch of local produce, overlooking Sunset Beach and the d’Entrecasteaux Channel. Choose from an extensive menu of locally caught fresh fish, succulent local lamb, salmon, seafood chowder or the popular seafood platter for two (Gluten-free and vegetarian options available). A collaboration of fine food with Hotel Bruny and The Bruny Island Producers.
Your afternoon will be full of more local delights with Chocolate/Fudge and Honey tastings and plenty of time to shop…
We stop at many of the main attractions on Bruny Island, including The Neck Wildlife Zone, Adventure Bay, South Bruny National Park, and Cape Bruny Lighthouse.
Enjoy small personable group tours of up to 20 people. We cater for group charters of up to 72 people. Overnight Tours are also available please contact us for more information. Ask us about our small group personalised charters. We can tailor your charter tours and add in flights, cruises, and all you can eat oyster tours.
This tour is not recommended for children under 3 years of age, please contact us before booking infants and toddlers.
Due to safety regulations children under 5 years are unable to participate in the Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour, but can walk around inside at the base under the supervision of an adult.
More Tours by Bruny Island Safaris
- Local produce lunch at Hotel Bruny, featuring Bruny Island and Tasmanian produce overlooking Sunset Beach. Served with a smile.
- Morning tea, Bruny Island Cheese, just baked wood-oven bread and freshly shucked Bruny Island Oysters – picnic style
- Truganini Lookout and Neck Wildlife Zone walk. Multi-levels for all fitness levels.
- Adventure Bay
- South Bruny National Park visit
- Cape Bruny Lightstation – Cape Bruny Lighthouse Tour. Included in your price – not available or included by any other tour operator.
- Historic Lighthouse Museum
- Chocolate and Fudge tasting – Bruny Island Chocolate have allocated our own little area for tastings. Ask about the Hounds Tooth Whisky experience. Just next door to the Chocolate Shop.
- Bruny Island Honey shop visit and tastings – So much honey!
- Two Tree Point and Resolution Creek. Where Captain Cook once gathered his water
- Short Walks
- Bruny Island Cider Tasting – Try many Tassie and Island Ciders in a private sampling room at Hotel Bruny. Exclusive to Bruny Island Safaris.
- Mount Mangana Rainforests and plant tasting. Routes are dependent on weather and road conditions.
- White Wallaby in the wild. No Zoos…
- Accommodation pick up and return (Hobart and surrounds)
- Return ferry fares – Bruny Island Ferry
- Please bring your own water bottle to refill. Water container on the bus.
- True local Tasmanian and Bruny Island Adventure Guides, bringing life to one of the most authentic tour experiences available.
- Hounds Tooth Whisky Tasting
- Bruny Island Cider Tasting Experience
- National Parks Pass $12 AUD
- Travel Insurance