Whitsunday Jetski Tours is the first and only guided jetski tour running from Coral Sea Marina in Airlie Beach to the Whitsunday Islands, and has won numerous awards. Guests can ride the latest Sea-Doo jetskis into the world-famous Whitsunday Island Marine Park with no licence or experience required!
This popular Airlie Beach jet ski tour is suitable for everyone….. a perfect mix of adrenalin and eco adventure. Drive your own jetski out to see the Whitsunday Islands from the safety of the coast, then explore Airlie’s stunning bays and go turtle watching.
More Tours by Whitsunday Jetski Tours
- Approximately 1.5 hours of fun-filled jetskiing
- Informative and entertaining commentary by qualified tour guide
- Sea turtles, dugongs, seabirds and seasonal humpback whales (July – September) are often encountered on tours
- All riding apparel including lifejackets, rash tops/thermal tops, wetsuit shorts, polarised sunglasses, riding hats and sunscreen provided
- Bottled water
- All photos of your tour provided free of charge on Facebook
- Free courtesy bus pick up and drop off within Airlie Beach area
- Food and drinks
- Travel Insurance
What you need to bring:
- Casual clothes
YOUR JETSKI ADVENTURE CHECKLIST:
- Understand English
- Must be able to swim wearing a lifejacket
- Minimum passenger age of 8 years and over
- Big smiles and sense of adventure!!
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Our ADVENTURE TOURS operate daily in most weather conditions
- A reasonable level of fitness is required, as some conditions can be physically demanding
- Please consider your suitability to your chosen tour
- Bring along swimmers, towel and sunscreen (like a day at the beach)
- Thorough safety briefing and demonstrations provided by qualified tour guides
- Fully supervised at all times by one or two guides, depending on numbers
- Weight restrictions apply, maximum of 2 people per jetski or 200kg per jetski
- Minimum driver age – 16 years. Minimum passenger age – 8 years
- If under 18 years of age, an indemnity form must be signed by parent or guardian prior to tour
- Group bookings are available for up to 12 jetskis per tour (maximum of 24 people)
- Gift vouchers are available
- As a wind guide: 10 knots – smooth, dry ride, 15 knots – partly smooth some choppy small waves, 20 knots plus – choppy water spray and large waves. Management reserve the right to change itinerary or times in extreme weather conditions.
- Cancel at least 24 hours before the adventure begins to receive a full refund.
Submit your review
No a licence is not required. Tours are fully guided and thorough safety briefings and demonstrations are provided.
No, our guide will tell you everything you need to know and all safety gear is provided.
Bring along swimmers, towel and sunscreen (like a day at the beach). Don’t forget your sense of adventure! We will deck you out on the jet ski with all necessary safety gear and riding apparel.
Guests are provided with thermal tops, wetsuit shorts, polarised sunglasses/goggles, hat and safety gear including bright lifejackets.
Given the nature of the tour, it may be best to leave your valuables at home or at your accommodation, however on the Ultimate Island Trek tour, there is a dry bag in the secure, water resistant glove box for you to put your gear. We also have a secure office at Coral Sea Marina if you wish to leave any gear there.
Three tours operate daily, the Airlie Adventure, also known as the ‘Turtle Tour’ with sea turtles often encountered off Airlie Beach, the Two Island Safari, exploring the waterways of South Molle and Daydream Islands, and the Ultimate Island Trek, an epic jetski journey to the island oasis of Palm Bay Resort.
No, there are no additional costs on tours… all are fully inclusive.
Two adults can travel twin share. You can also travel solo if you wish to be the sole rider of the jet ski! Solo riders only are able to travel on the Ultimate Island Trek however.
Yes our tours are suitable for families and is a great day out! The minimum driver age is 16 years and the minimum passenger age is 8 years old on the Airlie Adventure or 12 years old on the Two Island Safari. Solo riders only with a minimum age of 16 years and over is required for the Ultimate Island Trek tour. If the driver is under 18 years of age, an indemnity form must be signed by parent or guardian prior to tour.
We leave from Airlie Adventure Central located at Shop 3, Coral Sea Marina South Village, Shingley Drive, Airlie Beach.
Yes we provide a courtesy bus pick up from mainland Airlie Beach and surrounds which is included in the tour, so just let us know when you book where you require a pick up from.
Yes! We take photos of you on the day and upload them to Facebook where you can download them for free!
New Australian laws have been introduced for jet ski hire and jet ski tour operators. The law requires that jet skis cannot exceed 30 knots.
Whitsunday Jetski Tours offer great tour options for most weather conditions. In a strong south easterly (the prominent wind direction) the Airlie Adventure offers a protected tour option around Pioneer Bay. The tours operate most days and can be varied according to the weather. We do always warn guests if the conditions are a little windy and a more adventurous tour is expected and it is up to the guests to decide if they want to take on the adventure! In extreme weather conditions tours will not operate but if it is just raining…no problems….you are going to get wet anyway!!!!
Yes. If you unexpectedly fall in the water, you do need to be confident enough to swim back to your own jet ski. For guests with little or no experience, the tour guides offer dedicated attention, personalised service and briefings with extra tuition as needed and you can always travel near the guide enroute. Full safety gear including lifejackets are provided which aids buoyancy. Above average fitness level and confidence in open waters are necessary for Two Island Safari and Ultimate Island Trek tours.
Being an adventurous activity we need to be aware as to the extent of any disability. We are obliged to meet specific safety criteria and ensure that guests have a suitable level of fitness and understand the basics of the safety brief. We have carried many guests with physical and intellectual disabilities and endeavour to provide extra attention and assistance in every way. In some instances a medical certificate may be necessary. Above average fitness level and confidence in open waters are necessary for Two Island Safari, and Ultimate Island Trek tours.
We have up to 12 jet skis per tour, carrying a total of up to 24 people.
Our tours are perfect for a small group wanting a day out – large families, conference, rewards, incentives, students, wedding groups or just a bunch of friends! It is the ideal choice of Whitsunday Islands tours and can be tailor made to suit requirements.
Weight restrictions do apply with a maximum of two adults per jet ski or 230kg per jet ski.
Whitsunday Jet Ski Tours operate the latest model Sea-Doo jet skis, chosen for their excellent build quality, reliability, safety and performance. Our jet skis handle sea conditions extremely well and are ideal for our Whitsunday Islands tours.
Yes one or two tour guides travel with every group, depending on numbers. Thorough safety briefing and demonstrations are provided by a qualified tour guide and tours are fully supervised at all times.
Yes sea turtle watching (especially on the Airlie Adventure) as well as occasional dugong, seabird and whale (seasonal) sightings.
Yes! Whitsunday Jet Ski Tours happily cater for any special requests and can tailor tours to suit. Wedding proposals, birthday surprises, anniversaries and private charters – no problem!