Learn how the town of Alice Springs has evolved into the central hub of the Australian outback. Visit historical sites and some of the essential services delivered from Alice to the community of this vast region. The traditional custodians of the land are the Arrernte people, who refer to Alice as ‘Mpwante’. Visit Alice Springs Reptile Centre, home to the largest reptile display in Central Australia, where you’ll have lots of fun, particularly during the show and if you’re game, try the supervised handling session.
A Town Like Alice Springs Itinerary:
- School of the Air – Call into the School of the Air which provides education to primary school children living on remote properties in the Northern Territory.
- Explore the Telegraph Station – The first European settlement in Alice Springs, and learn how it relayed messages between Darwin and Adelaide for 60 years.
- Visit the headquarters of the Royal Flying Doctor Service – Which delivers medical services to those who live and work in remote rural Australia.
- Encounter reptiles – Such as goannas, frill-neck lizards at the Alice Springs Reptile Centre.
- Enjoy panoramic views – Over Alice and the surrounding West MacDonnell Ranges, from the top of Anzac Hill.
More Tours by AAT Kings
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive commentary
- Super comfortable luxury vehicle including: free wifi, in seat USB
- Hotel pickup and drop off from selected hotels
- Food and drink unless specified
- Travel Insurance